I can't log in, my viewer goes to "Requesting region capabilities...", makes 3 attempts and fails

Ally Whitefalcon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to connect to SL, I've never had a problem before, haven't upgraded my viewer or anything, and my network connection seems to be fine. I enter my username and password, it says a couple things ("Logging in...", "Initializing world...", etc.) then stops on Requesting region capabilities...". It does 3 attempts, then tells me it can't connect. Can anybody help me please?

9 answers to this question

so we never log into home again because of a glitch in the handshake...mine does it too...on both Firestorm and Singularity...and my clothes won't go on my body if I'm at home...other sims they will...Everything was fine yesterday..

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

thanks in advance

I'm at a library using the WiFi and when sl gets to "requesting region capabilities" it stops and gives me the message https://gyazo.com/32b687ea60c2c1049f027fd60176ba25, I switched to my hotspot to see if that worked and it did and I've used other WiFi and that worked fine. I'm not sure if the library has some sort of block for second life but imvu works just fine and they're the same type of program.

@KaisunNic Libraries generally block by IP Address. There is no way to block by TYPE. So, the Library could block one and not the other.

The error message is indicative of a network issue. These problems can be something in the configuration of the gateway or some problem somewhere along the connection route. The Internet is made of hundreds of thousands of components that can fail or overload. They may self-repair in milliseconds as the system routes traffic around the problem or take days while a tech gets to and replaces a physical component. 

@TurtleBeing Your problems are all network related.

In General

REMEMBER. Having a good general Internet connection does not mean you have a good specific connection to the SL servers. Test your connection to the SL servers. Figure out if the problem is you, your ISP, a backbone provider, or SL.

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2512 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.