How to move house on land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I now have undeveloped land. I rezzed a house on the land and I want to move the house. The house has plants and objects inside of it. When select the house to edit and move, the house plants and objects don't move. How do I select the entire house and contents so that they move together?

Thank you,

PS: which forum should I be asking questions in about land development? I have many lol.

You would have to link all the elements (house, plants, objects...) but it's gonna be tricky, plus a linkset is limited to 256 prims.

The easiest way would be to derezz your house (simply delete it, assuming it is copyable as 99% of houses are) and rez a new version at the chosen point on your land. If it came with a rezbox, don't delete the box until the house is the position you want. Select the rezbox in edit mode and use the directional arrows to move it: it will move the whole house altogether. Once the house is where you want, save and take the rezbox back to your inventory.

If the plants and objects do not come with the house, you may link them and move them to the house's new position. (Or pick them back one by one to your inventory and simply put them in their new position).

Here's about linking objects;

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039#Section_.5

• Like 2

Right click on the house and choose edit, zoom far away out of the house so you can see everything at the middle of your screen, hold shift then click and drag with your mouse to select the house and everything inside it. If you choose something you don't want to be selected (like a tree thats in front of the house), just click it again, while holding shift key. When you have everything selected you can move all your stuff together without linking. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

valerie Inshan wrote:

You would have to link all the elements (house, plants, objects...) but it's gonna be tricky, plus a linkset is limited to 256 prims.

The easiest way would be to derezz your house (simply delete it, assuming it is copyable as 99% of houses are) and rez a new version at the chosen point on your land. If it came with a rezbox, don't delete the box until the house is the position you want. Select the rezbox in edit mode and use the directional arrows to move it: it will move the whole house altogether. Once the house is where you want, save and take the rezbox back to your inventory.

If the plants and objects do not come with the house, you may link them and move them to the house's new position. (Or pick them back one by one to your inventory and simply put them in their new position).

Here's about linking objects;

Sorry, but this isn't particularly good advice. Arbitrarily linking furniture and homes together is never a good idea, and may have very undesireable side-effects (the least of which is making it a lot harder, in the future, to treat them as separate objects; worst case: you may break the furniture and/or your house).

Also, make sure all objects inside are all *unlocked* first. Then do as Tamara said above.

If the furniture is mod, you can try a packager like rez-faux too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4200 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.