I can't find the answer. Please help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Phoenix Firestorm-Release v4.0.1.27000 and when I'm logged into SL and have an online window open at the same time, I can't hear the sound telling me that somebody has IM'ed me, and whatever else that sound alerts me to. My RL husband told me he's heard about the problem and the fix, but can't remember how to fix it. I've searched as much as I can without any luck. Hopefully somebody here knows the answer.

Try updating to the newest version.   It fixed a lot of bugs and, at least for me, runs better than anything I've used before.

http://phoenixviewer.blogspot.com/2012/08/firestorm-update-42229837.html

You can find the information about it there and it links to the download page.   As usual, you need to do a clean installation, so be sure to get rid of all the old files before you run install.

Hope that helps.

Lori492 wrote:

Try updating to the newest version.   It fixed a lot of bugs and, at least for me, runs better than anything I've used before.

You can find the information about it there and it links to the download page.   As usual, you need to do a clean installation, so be sure to get rid of all the old files before you run install.

Hope that helps.

I can vouch for everything Lori492 wrote. The only version of firestorm worth having is the latest. It is the most stable, and ver4.1.something had me about ready to completely write off firestorm forever with its frequent crashes. Saying they fixes a lot of bugs is an understatement. compared to version 4.2, all previous versions ARE a bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.