Where can i get help with linking a scripted door?

Mandilena Loxely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello :)

I build skyboxes but the one thing that still eludes me is linking a scripted door to my build.  Ive tried buying scripts, getting pre scripted doors and even tried a script that is supposed to link phantom doors...as soon as i try and link a door to the root prim of an already linked skybox it doesnt give me an option to link them, if i try linking it to the skybox as is it links but then doesnt work...please can someone give me some advice, ive tried googling YouTube tutorials and am at the pulling my hair out stage lol...Thank You :)

3 answers to this question

Greetings, Mandilena

As far as I'm aware, you can't link scripted doors to buildings. 

Whenever I've bought a building and gone to rezz it, there has always been a notecard to say "don't forget the doors" (because they come separately from the building).

Ditto fireplaces.

• Like 1

You can link a one-prim door to a build easily.  There are many scripts in SL that will do that.  Perhaps the simplest and one of the most popular is Void Singer's >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Simple-Hinge-Action/td-p/875331 .  You can also write a script to link a multiprim door to your structure, but that is significantly more involved.  It involves moving and rotating each of the door's child prims relative to the "hinge" edge of the door separately.  As a result, it's hard to find a multi-prim door script that will work if you link the door to your structure.  (Sliding doors are an exception, however >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Linkable-Multiprim-Sliding-Door/td-p/722649 .)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4250 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.