Help please:X

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey i started making tattos today , well seems its simple but i guees its not? i took google picture of tattoo

(using photoshop cs2) i just used the wand poofed away the white trash and there ! i got tattoo.

i took simple template placed the tattoo where ever i want and saved it .. (ofc i removed the template blah blah)

well seems i had nothing white on the photshop image but when i logged in and puted my tattoo i noticed

that i have white stupid ugly fking yucky edge that i have no idea how to remove or where he came from

please help me its like the only thing that i can actually do :O

The cloudy halo effect seems to be a common problem when turning everything unwanted transparent.  I've always cut what I wanted out of the image and then pasted that onto a new transparent layer, so far it has worked for me.  Hope this helps.

Just as a side issue and heads up, just because you found an image on the internet doesn't mean it's license free.  Before trying to sell this tattoo you may want to make sure.

well my opinion, is that you should select your drawn tattoo by a color range selection or even using the mask tools.. but magic wands is not approprieted for this kind of work.

if ur drawn is on a white or whatever color backgroud, just go in ur selection menu, then choose color range. touch the background menu for it settle it to this color, set fuzziness to the max. and say ok. 

then do a copy of ur layer and make the first one invisible. then press ur del key.. and you will get ur drawn alone on a transp background.

i also advice u to crop then the layer to the size of the drawn.. or even better to select it by a ctrl clik on the icon layer and to make a brush from it, then you will be able to use it for everything you want.

As i said u may contact me inworld, i can drive you while you doing it.. but well, i wont tell it again and again... explanations for pshop in a forum, while i cant know what u are doing at the same moment and so can t check if you do wrong or right are less usefull than direct explanation. :)

• Like 1

I believe your problem may be in the saving of the image file rather than any way you have masked the image.

It is indeed important to get your selection boundary as close as possible to the wanted image but even a perfect selection saved with the wrong transparency settings will create the "dithering" (cloud or halo effect) you describe.

1. Make sure your finished image has a transparency layer below the image layer - do not merge the layers.
2. When you save the image, select either .png or .tga as your file type (I prefer png)
3. In the "Save As" dialog box, click on "Options" (found just below the Save button)
4. in the options menu that pops up select "Run Optimizer"
5. In the Optimizer, click or open the "Transparency" tab;
6. select transparency (as opposed to "no Transparency")
7. select "existing transparency layer"

If you use any other method of setting the transparency the save routines will "dither" selected pixels that are not fully transparent or opaque (happens when your tools have a "feather edge" setting) around the edge of the mask. This semi-transparent edge (like looking through a screen door) will show up as a halo.

ALSO: make sure when you upload the image that the "use lossless method" is checked at the bottom of the upload dialog; unchecked means your image goes through a compression algorithm that will also blurr the transparency mask.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.