Need help with alpha please

OxLilyxO Calcutt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :) I just need some quick help if somebody doesn't mind

I am a Phoenix user (for reasons) and I don't have the option to wear multiple mesh layer, which sucks, because I wear a lot of mesh! So I want to use gimp to create my own Alpha layers to be able to wear mesh shoes, a top, and bottom all together, because I am always stuck between just choosing one!

But my main problem right now is, I am using 'Chip Midnight's improved clothing template in gimp but when I try to use the eraser tool, or the freedraw tool (to select the area and cut), nothing happens.  I know you have to add an alpha mask, but when I go to the layer tab, there is only the option to remove alpha mask, not add one, so i'm assuming it's already there.  But nothing happens when I erase a section?

Also one more question, is it even possible to create multiple mesh layers for different body parts but still have it in one alpha layer? because I have an outfit that uses one alpha but it removes your feet and top, so how do i do this?

OxLilyxO Calcutt wrote:

By 'adding alpha mask' I meant alpha channel

As far as I know you can't draw directly on the alpha channel in gimp like you can in photoshop.

You need to use a mask, where deleting doesn't do you any good.Like the alpha channel you need to use grayscale brushes. Black is invisible, white is opaque.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.