Looking for red gown/dress like this

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably the more appropriate forum for it as I'm not looking for for someone to make it from scratch

I'm looking for a red gown/dress that is the same as the one Ada wears in Resident Evil 4:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CMOWq9brjpU/TealTAbB3EI/AAAAAAAAAi8/9GEnAonQqI8/s1600/Ada1.jpg

Needs to be mesh, split-skirt, and skinny (I have a few gowns but they're all too chubby), but doesn't need to have the butterfly patterns (just red will do).

Thanks.

Well 5k may be an understatement... think about if, full perm mesh kits (except Meli's) are like what 3k? Custom orders will only cost even more than that. Logically custom orders shouldn't cost more, because you're giving them an idea of a product to sell, why should it cost that much? Even if the customer isn't happy with the custom order and won't buy it, you can still sell it like a regular product.

Though prices are better than they were back in 2006-2007, where @#^@#% scammers are selling complete crap for crazy prices. My clueless friend bought a tattoo with ONLY A WORD ON IT (which takes like 5min to make) for 1.5k, and not even full perm.

If it'll only take a few minutes for you to make that dress (no idea how you can achieve that unless you already have a dress like that made and just needs rigging), well I'd love to see the results.

there ya go i u-l'ded the blend snapshot with vertices of the mesh model along with the avastar model used in original, if you will read the directions theres a quickie tut walkthrough there. again using the old and decrepit blender 2.49 b with ported Bprojection.py for projection paint.

Its really just that simple.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Well 5k may be an understatement... think about if, full perm mesh kits (except Meli's) are like what 3k? Custom orders will only cost even more than that. Logically custom orders shouldn't cost more, because you're giving them an idea of a product to sell, why should it cost that much? Even if the customer isn't happy with the custom order and won't buy it, you can still sell it like a regular product.

In the real world, a properly compensated CG artist gets maybe $40.00 US per hour. If I'm not mistaken, that is on the low end of the hourly pay spectrum for that profession.

Full perm mesh kits for 3000L is a paltry $11 or $12 for the mesh creator, after Linden Lab's exchange fee is deducted. Sure, they can make that 3000L several times over but given the amount of full perm kits that you see competing on the Marketplace, there's absolutely no guarantee they'll make a 'killing' in terms of sales volume.

As for the sentiment about how a customer requesting a custom item should get some sort of discount because they are doing the designer a "favor" by handing them an idea... no. These are very creative folks to begin with, I can assure you they've got plenty ideas of their own. When you ask them for a custom item, you're asking them to take away time from their own projects that they've lined up and the schedule that they've planned for themselves, to work on something for you. You're asking for special consideration and attention. They therefore deserve to be properly remunerated.

• Like 1

The example was to propagate creativity and to assist someone in attaining that which they desired. The software is free, the time spent monitoring and replying to posts could have rendered a high quality mesh dress of desired suitability. Using a very easy method to texture a 3d mesh in real time, without having to have knowledge of marking seams, pinning and placing islands in a uv map, etc.

I am not here looking for work, nor am I here to sell anything. The texture on the said example picture has limitations on it. If the same texture is wanted,and the individual user wishes to have it for personal useage and not resale or redistribution  I have no issue in redirecting to the site where it may be obtained.

I'm confused here it takes you hours to extrude 37 edge loops and scale to proportion, then relax the mesh or sculpt it to form to an underlying model, weight it ,then texture it as per the process mentioned ?

That being the case , I suppose your correct and I digress, wait until someone has it on the market or pay the 5000l aforementioned.

It takes 5min to rig a model, it takes hours to make the model from scratch. Seeing as he is not selling that Ada dress, and the butterfly pattern on that image is exactly the same as the in-game one, I'm pretty sure he just ripped it from the game, likely RE4 PC version, then tried to rig it for SL. Nothing wrong with ripping the model for non-commercial purposes. End of discussion please on this "how I made the dress that quick".

For the 1bp comment one month is a really long time to wait for something, maybe CSR would do wonders in this situation. But seeing as pix just IMed me tonight, I've deleted my comment, I hope that settles that. Love 1bp stuff, hate absent customer service, nothing personal.

I was sceptical at first but after putting your technique to work I see 2/3 the work flow is completely removed . Also add the ability to take advantage of blenders lighting to add shodows and depth via the sculpt on the bilboard plane.

Hope you overlook some of the community and keep up the pointers and tips.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.