Need help: Strange problem with teleporting that I've never seen before

LokiaRR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't go to my home location in second life, or anywhere on the region. It's really frustrating. I can go to other regions, but everytime I try to teleport anywhere in my home region SL crashes. This problem just started the day before yesterday and it persists. Just to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the region. I have friends there who have sent me tp invites and still SL crashed on me. If I try to log into SL to my home location, it also crashes. Here is what I've tried to do to solve the problem, and none of these things has worked:

1. Took off everything I'm wearing, removed all attachments , loaded the default female avatar

2. Cleared my SL cache

3. Cleared my temporary internet files and restarted my computer

4. Tried logging in with Firestorm, Phoenix, and Viewer 2

5. Tried teleporting there from different locations

This whole thing makes no sense. I dont think I'm running any firewalls, and in any case, everything has been fine for months before just a couple days ago and I have never messed with my firewall settings anyway.

Any ideas?

have you tried contacting Linden Lab about it? this is probably a problem with the servers. what i can think of is that somehow your presence is recorded in that sim, and when you try to teleport in there, as the sim has already a presence of you, you crash, because two you can not exist. there is something wrong with that sim, a sim restart may fix it.

Hi Lokia,

First of all, make sure that when ever you crash to send a crash report (Preferences -> General tab -> Crash reports -> set to "Always send"). And talk to the club owner(s)/manager(s) to verify if other people reported the same issue and/or if they can clarify why you experience these crashes in their club (i ones "was crashed by" a club when i arrived with a whip on my hip as decoration, when i asked about it i was told that no weapons were allowed there).

Then you could try (step by step):

- Reset your graphics preferences to the original default values (Preferences -> Graphics tab -> Reset -> OK)

- Turn off particles (Advanced menu -> Rendering types -> Particles -> deselect "display of particles")

- Uninstall SL completely and then reinstall

- Ask the SIM owner(s)/manager(s) for a restart of the SIM (if the sim is on private estate, then the SIM owner can do that, but when on main land, i think the owner has to request it with LL and it might take a bit longer)

- Report the issue to LL (make sure to include your SecondLife.log file, see for more info here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Help)

It might be handy to try after each step if the problem is resolved or not, so you can really pin-point where the fault lays, or, so you can change things back if that step didn't solve your problem.

And will you let us know how the story ends?!

Good luck!!

PS: Besides the above example where i "was crashed by" a club, i know of more examples where people "were crashed by" a club or another avatar. I really don't know if/how that is possible, but for example a while ago my (male) friend crashed every time when he arrived at a popular place where i had no problems at all. When i would TP him in right next to me, he had also no problems. He later heard a rumor that the club "crashed" the male guests who came by themselves, cause they only wanted single women and couples in the club. There were indeed no guys standing around there and a lot of single girls and couples, but i don't know for a fact if it's true, just from rumors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4271 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.