Is there a way I can use and edit the textures that are already on an object?

Sunou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is there a way I can use and edit the textures that are already on an object? For example: I have purchased an anthro avatar and I would like to edit the skin and the prim textures (such as the head textures), but I do not want to make the textures entirely from scratch. Just make a few small changes to further make my avatar unique while still keeping a similar look to the original. The purchased avatar in question didn't come with extra texture files, but it is completely Mod.

I'm not sure if there is an "ok" way to take/change textures like that, since I did hear that there are illegal methods. But I'm a rule follower and just wanted to know if there's a legal way I can do it.

1 answer to this question

No, there isn't.  You cannot modify or copy a texture unless you own a copy of the texture that has those permissions assigned to it.  Yes,there are illegal ways to do it, and there are low-lifes who will use them. Illegal copying is a TOS intellectual property violation, for which you can be suspended or banned from SL.  Please don't do it..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.