crashing as soon as i log in

vandering

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime i log in i crash, nothing rezzes , not even my avatar, sometimes i have no problems but unfortunately 1 out of 6 times i crash. I thought it was my Computer, or my Internet conection, but i have tried in other places , with other computers and it{s the same :(

2 answers to this question

When you say other computers in other places are they with the same technical specs as yours?

Maybe all the computers you tried are low spec.

It might be your avatar has ALOT of scripted items attached. That happens a lot with people when they enter a sim and the region will just come to almost a halt because someone with an avatar that has a bunch of primy objects with resize scripts, or listening scripts for colour change even those bling scripts. just attached to their avatar causes a bad drag on permformance.

Change to a default Second Life avatar. Open the Select Avatar tool and then just choose any quickly just for your avatar to remove all items and replace with low level Second Life defaults.

-

You can also try logging into a new account that has no scripted attachments.
Maybe log in to a different region as it's the region which is lagging. So try and log into a different region.

• Like 1

Well, it could still be your computer or its Internet connection.  If you couldn't pedal up a hill on your own bicycle or on four other bicycles, you might conclude that the problem was the hill, not the bicycle.  Maybe you've tried using the same avatar on five underpowered computers, all using wireless connections to a dialup modem.  Next time, before you log in but are at the login screen, Type CTRL + P to open Preferences.   Then go to the Graphics tab and reduce your quality slider to Medium and your Draw Distance to 64m.  Then go ahead and log in.  On a direct cable connection, not on wireless.  See if that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.