Question for photographers

Heatherr Vespucciano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure the photographer would not mind you sending them a private message via Flickr or inworld, as you're admiring of her work, but it looks like post-production with something like Photoshop or Gimp software. (Gimp is free, and if you have the patience, it's certainly worth you downloading and playing around with.)

Make a new layer on top of your avatar photo layer, use a soft brush (schoose the size and opacity that suits your photo and taste) and just draw lines where you want them. Play with layer blending options - sometimes soft light fits better, just try and see. Also try with different opacity, blurring or even smudge to reshape your line. 

Hope it helped you a bit:)

Ohh and it helps if you're using a tablet to draw!

Heatherr Vespucciano wrote:

yeah I have cs6 I am a photographer myself, okay, i'll give it a go shooting her an IM, i always feel photographers dont like to give away what they do,
:P

Really? I've always found people more than willing to very proudly let me in on their techniques (although they know I am no threat, as I only ever take snapshots for own use, and am not running any kind of business).

Wishing you luck, and the possibility of a new friendship - or even business partnership - you just never know, with the FLickr lady. :matte-motes-smile:

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.