Why is the MP refunding customers for purchases after successful delivery?

Xavier Novelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My partner and I both have had items bought from our marketplace stores. The item shows up as "Delivery failed" in order history even after it was successfully delivered (verified by customers), and a while later the customer recieves a "MKT2 Refund" for the full amount they paid, hence receiving free items. We have tested this situation with each others marketplace stores and had the same thing happen on mutliple items. For now i have disabled my magic box and handling customers one by one as the orders come in and show "undelivered" until i find out what's wrong. Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on?

1 answer to this question

Magic Boxes have always been a flaky delivery system.  Now that they are near the end of their lifetime, I suspect that Linden Lab has given up doing even routine maintenance to take care of any bugs that appear.  You were wise to disable yours now.  I suggest that you complete the thought by moving all of your merchandise over to the Direct Delivery system now.  Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Marketplace-Direct-Delivery-migration-guide/ta-p/1293139 . (You'll notice that the timeline for conversion to DD was updated late last Spring. The final date still hasn't been set, but the best guesses put it sometime early this Fall.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.