If I get the Premium Member ship and want the mainland how much prims would I be working with?

ChaoticCryptik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

The land allowance included in your premium account would be 512 square meters which will support 117 prims. Additional land will cost more per month - there are tables that describe it. If you want to open a club, bear in mind that since Mainland regions have to take into account the possibility dealing with avatars on other regions there is a limit of 40 avatars that can log into the entire region (i.e. 256 meter x 256 meter "named" area). If you open a club and it's successful you may quickly shut down the ability of any other lot in the region to have visitors and your neighbors will want you to die in a fire.

An easy way to estimate how many prims you wil be allowed for any parcel you want to purchase or rent is that for each 512 square meters of land you are allowed 117 prims.  On mainland, as stated, anything over 512 sq meters is going to entail additional charges by LL for land use fees (even if the parcel exceeds the 512 meter by a single meter.....keep that in mind when you decide on any plot of land and look for parcels that are even multiples of 512 meters to get your money's worth).  Renting (sometimes call "purchasing") private estate land often does give more prims per meter than mainland.  That is done by the estate owner having land on the estate that is not rented or sold and using some of the prim allotment for that "open" land for use by renters or buyers........you do pay for those extra prims but it can be a savings overall (you have to do the math to know if it's right for you).  Group owned land gets a 10% increase on prim usage for mainland.

It's hard for anyone to tell you what's right for your plans.  Once you have the land (either private or mainland) and know the prim allotment you have to work with you can plan your club or whatever around that.  I've help build clubs in SL.........it's hard to build much on land with less than about 500 prims.  So, I would look for plots 2048 sq meters are larger. 

• Like 1

Could you have a club on your free tier 512 lot? Sure you could. It would be a challenge of sorts to build with 117 prims but now days with mesh able to reproduce the primmy builds of old into one and two prims, it could definitely be done. I suggest that doing more research before you jump right in might be good.

PLAN the club you want and then see if it could fit on a 16 x 32 meter lot. Find the fixtures (lower prim would be better) that you want to have in your club and count up the prims. That way you won't have any big surprises. Free mainland tier is great and one of the best deals in SL if you pay yearly, but there are other places to rent that are fairly inexpensive. Once you use up your free tier allotment the costs go up. So $5 US per month for a 1024 (taking away your free 512 allotment) etc.

Research = no surprises :D. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.