why does a tree object next to my land prims show up on my land this tree doesnt belong to me

Twolip Lemon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

A tree standing on a plot next to yours count towards the prim limit on your land? Is that what you're saying?

If it does, it must actually be on your land, as far as I know. You should be able to right click it and return it if you have these rights on the land (and you do if you own the land).

Could it be some other object that is counting on your prim allowance?

In any case, you should probably set the autoreturn on the land to some other value than 0, set/deed the land to group and then ensure group member can rez. Then, any object rezzed without the correct group setting will be autoreturned after the number of minutes you set.

• Like 3

First of all, calm down. A pixel tree is not anything to get an ulcer over.

Secondlly, right click on it and try selecting "Return." If the prims making up the tree are actually counting against yours you can definately return it; if they aren't (they will only count if the "root prim"* of the object is actually on your land) then you might be able to return it anyway.

Thirdly, if that doesn't work several third-party viewers have a feature called an "Asset Blacklist" that will let you select an object and make it invisible FOREVER or at least until you take it off the list. If you're used to the standard viewer I can recommend a viewer called Dolphin, which looks and behaves very similarly to the standard viewer but has some additional features.

* I just realized that a tree having a "root prim" is sort of appropriate. Sorry, it's early.

• Like 2

If the tree is not on your land (i.e., you can't return it) but is intruding on it, you can (as you have been doing) submit Abuse Reports for object encroachment.

If the tree is for sale at anything like a reasonable price, and it is the original, not a copy, which is for sale...buy it, and then delete it.

If the price is outrageous, you can Abuse Report it for attempted extortion (that is, someone wants to charge you a crazy price just to get rid of an eyesore.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.