New clothes are saying that their in magic box, but they are not there. What can I do?

Yeou9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I buy new clothes in the market place and then go to SL to collect them, I recieve a message that says that I have been give "Xstreet SL Magic Box v3.0.11". Sometimes the item will go to a folder with the name of the item and other times It just doesn't show at all. I have lost over $100L in product. Can someone tell me what to do please.

2 answers to this question

When you buy things from Marketplace, they should be delivered to your Received Items folder, waaaaaaay at the bottom of your inventory.  You may move them from there to any other folder in your inventory.  If you are buying items that the merchant has not prepared for Direct Delivery, however, they will not go to the Received Item folder.  Instead, as you discovered, they will either go to a folder with their own name or will go to another appropriate folder in your inventory. For example, clothing items may go to your Clothing folder.  Before Linden Lab invented the Received Items folder a few months ago, that's the way that all things were delivered.  The message you are receiving is telling you that you items were delivered by the old Magic Box system.

Take a good look at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-your-inventory/ta-p/1370823#Section_.2.1 and gthe rest of hat KB article to learn some tricks for finding things in your inventory.

When you see the "Magic Box" message you should be able to find the items you ordered in your  "Objects" folder, as an orange cube with the name of the item. You will then need to drag that that item out of your inventory onto the ground in front of you (you'll need to be in an area that lets you "rezz" objects.) Right click on the item and select "Open", then when you see a list of the contents select "Copy to Inventory." After you do that you'll see a folder of the items in your inventory.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.