how do i raise my L$ buying/selling rate/restriction?

CharmanderHunter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

this page

https://secondlife.com/my/lindex/describe-limits.php

shows that my L$ buying/selling options are very limited. while i'm not considering to buy or sell L$ right now, in the future it seems like an option. how do i raise the aformentioned limits?

i mean sure, it'll show different values for everyone else, but i just couldn't think of a way how to call this page...

2 answers to this question

The limits are low for your first few weeks in SL, but they increase automatically after that, especially if you have bought or sold any L$ during that period. It's essentially Linden Lab's way to keep enthusiastic newbies from dumping too much money into SL before they know how the economic system works (and, I suspect, a way to limit their own headaches in case you turn out to be a bad credit risk.).  On that page that you found, you should also have seen the following note....

How to request review of your limits

You may request a review of your account to increase your limits. Please visit the support system and submit a ticket.

Select Billing -> LindeX™ Billing and Trading Limits Review Request

We'll review your request and get back to you within 5 business days.

Meanwhile, you truly don't need much money in world to have a good experience wih SL, and it is probably smart to hold off making major purchases anyway until you have scoped out your options.

This is what it's showing for me:

Capture.JPG

Since it's computed on a rolling basis, I interpret that as meaning you can buy $30 worth of Lindens over the first two days of your first transaction with LL (which may be a L$ purchase or may be when you take out premium membership), then a further $70 over the next 2-7 days, and then a further $270 over the rest of the first month.   After that you can buy $2,500 a month if you want to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.