Bringing the outter edge of a cylinder, in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've come a long way since I first began to actually build stuff in Second Life...3 days ago.

But i'm stuck on this particular issue.  I'm sure there will be more puzzles to come, but can anyone shed any light on this one?

photo_800x598.jpg

For this particular object, I am trying to take the outter, right side and bring it in to the inner, left side so that it makes almost a curved railing for a particular skyway road I am constructing.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure I have the right picture in my head, but it sounds to me as if all you need to do is increase the hole size and decrease the overall dimensions (X-Y) of your prim.  That should leave you with a prim that has a curve but is very skinny .... like a fence.  Unfortunately, it won't have a uniform thickness unless X and Y are nearly the same, but maybe no one will notice.

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately, I can't increase the hole size.  The image you see above is the "roadway" and I am using a cutout to make a fence, so it has to match nearly perfect.  with the road as it curves, if you know what I mean.

I think Rolig means something like this. All three are at exactly the same location. Outer wall uses profile cut and hollow to make it narroe enough. That gives it a slanted base that is hidden in the ground. The dimensions need some adjustment for perfect fit.

aroad.jpg

ETA - improved parameters for outer wall.

• Like 1

Woah, that's a great image!  Thank you.  That is exactly what I am looking for.  

I am building a long "skyway" for a future hi-tech city, and this will help out.  Hi Tech cities look better in curves and cylinders than they do in sharp blocks, I think.

That's exactly what I had in mind, Drongle.  In fact, I have often used a much simpler approach myself.  I ignore the street or pathway altogether and focus on the walls.  This is a part of my garden.

Garden Paths_001.png

I bury a large textured prim under a thin layer of turf, place the walls that I've made (folllowing the method you illustrated), and then just strip away the turf between the walls.  That leaves the buried prim exposed there and nowhere else, with the walls to tidy up the edges.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.