abandond dogs

jeeps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings, jeeps

It's not a silly question, but it's certainly my favourite thread of today :matte-motes-grin:

How sweet you are to care about abandoned dogs in SL.  What makes you think they are abandoned, or that the owner doesn't care?  (I am sure you are right, though - luckily they are only virtual dogs in a virtual world.)  I think the owner may have had to be away from Second Life without any warning, and has not been able to visit his dogs to feed them (are they the type of dog that needs food?)

Sadly, I feel you just have to let SL nature take it's course.

If you want similar dogs of your own though, right click on the dog and find out the name of the creator. Or visit the Second Life Marketplace to see what animals they have there.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Agree...this thread has to be up there with my favourites
:)

I wonder if SL has a puppy pound, for strays?

Not a puppy pound, but VKC has an area in one of their parks where people who don't want their VKC dogs anymore return them (iirc they sell them back to VKC) and they are put in an adoption area.  They differ from dogs of the same breed sold "new" in that they have names (which can be changed by next owner) and the commands/tricks they know may be more extensive than the new ones.  I have 3 VKC dogs and all are adopted, just like I do in RL. :)

ETA: To the OP, the dog may not be abandoned.  I know of many owners who leave their dogs out when they're not online.  At least two brands of dogs (and probably more) can be set to stay within a certain area.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.