Why won't Second Life install?

qazmlp123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You didn't say what sort of machine you are trying to install the viewer on, so my first guess is that your computer does not meet SL's minimum standards.  The information on that link can be ambiguous, and technology change rapidly enough that its information can be outdated too, but it's a place to check.  If you want to give us more infomation to work with, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question here and select EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

If you are trying to install a viewer that is not for the operating system of your computer it won't install.  The common result is that the installation simply fails without an error message........your operating system sees jiberish if the viewer is coded for any OS other than the one your computer uses.  You need to install a Windows viewer for a Windows machine, a Mac viewer for a Mac machine and a Linux viewer for a Linux machine.  If you are trying to install a viewer for a tablet or smart phone you'll get the same results..........the viewer must be compatible with the operating system of the computer the viewer is being installed on.

Here's my suggestion.  Go back to the download site for the viewer you want.  Then download the viewer and save the setup file to your computer (do not "run" from the website).  Scan the downloaded file with your anti-virus to make sure it's mal-ware free.  Also double check that you are downloading the proper viewer for your computer.  Then get off the Internet and install it.

I had a similar problem when I tried to install a few days ago. It turns out that I needed to update my video drivers. As soon as I did that the program installed and ran beautifully. It could be something like this.

It is lso possible that your machine doesn't meet the minimum specks in some other way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.