Why can some people teleport and others can't?

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I own a region where I can make landmarks all over the place and teleport to them, no problem.

Some of my friends in that region can do this as well.

BUT some other people can not.

Whenever they try to use a LM in the region, they get send back to the entrance of the sim.

I looked at group roles and permissions and can't see any differences there.

I would like to allow at least those who live in my region to make landmarks and use them, but not everyone.

Anyone know where to look to figure out why some can and some can't?

Jo Yardley wrote:

But won't that allow anyone to teleport anywhere?

Make landmarks and teleport right there?

I don't want every visitor to be able to do that, just the people who live here.

You can configure the Land Menu also that only those in the groups can make LMs on the land, but others can not. Thus, those in the groups will have the flexibility to LM anywhere. If that is what you want. I have found that when you hardcore the entry point LM for the sim in the Land Menu, you run upon more problems than benefits.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

In our sim it is pretty important that people arrive at the entrance so they understand the rules and don't get banned for using an old LM they found somewhere and find themselves in the middle of our sim without knowing where they are and what is expected of them.

Jo Yardley wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into that.

In our sim it is pretty important that people arrive at the entrance so they understand the rules and don't get banned for using an old LM they found somewhere and find themselves in the middle of our sim without knowing where they are and what is expected of them.

Yes, I see your problem with the old LMs if things have changed. There would be no resolution for this problem with my suggestions. However, I guess one has to ask themselves, how often this would occur in that someone uses an old LM.

BTW, I think I remember visiting your sim a while ago. It was very nicely done.

But every time someone in hotpants teleports into our 1920s party is once too often ;)

Thanks for the compliments!

I was thinking... LL is making some new toys for us, including huds you wear that could teleport you directly to certain spots.

Now way too complicated for this ex-blonde, but maybe shortly I can create some sort of "House key" hud that I can hand out to tenants that lets them teleport home or to other spots and that other people don't get?

Mmmh not sure.

Anyway, few options to try out after the suggestions I got here, see if I can get somewhere with them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.