Lost "Lost and Found" Folder after rolling restarts.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had quite a lot of problems lately. The worst of them was not being able to log in, which was fixed after changing the log in location and switching off my Firewall.

Second  problem is that I have completely lost my "Lost and Found" folder after the last rolling restarts.

It was a huge folder and when i was able to log in again it was empty.

I just lost so much stuff I kept there just because i knew i could find it there.

I have two questions.....

First

Has anyone had the same problem? Loosing a huge part of your inventory?

And was there a way to recover it?

Second

My sim owner does not believe in restarting the sim herself just for the sake of keeping it healthy.

I guess she thinks rolling restarts on tuesdays are sufficient.

I do think the sim needs to recycle once in a while.

Who is right here?

Huggggs

Fairy

Your items are not lost - they are literally just misplaced, sitting on a server waiting for you to clear your cache and relog into a quiet sim until your inventory fully loads.  This can take quite a while (for 18,000 it can take up to 30 minutes, so be very patient).

I would never restart a well-behaved sim with normal traffic. That's much more likely to cause trouble than to prevent it.

If the sim gets very heavy traffic, however, and if I notice a steady decline in sim performance between weekly restarts, it might be worth trying--bearing in mind that the more traffic, the more people inconvenienced by the restart.

Of course, if a sim is misbehaving, a restart often fixes things more or less magically. A trigger for such conditions may be griefing, requiring a restart for full recovery, even after all the griefer crap is gone from the sim.

Speaking of Lost and Found folder...mine did something really strange yesterday :( 

That folder almost never shows because I hardly ever have anything go to a L&F folder other than the odd thing I might rez out of my parcel, which is rare.  Yesterday, in the middle of my session, I noticed it listed.  When I opened it, it was loaded with items.  After looking at it more, I realized it had duplicated my "trash" folder...everything that was in trash was also in lost and found.  Really weird, have never seen that happen before.

I can't find the threads now but as my memory serves me the solutions to missing folders were

A.  Clean Install

B.  Contact support.

I hope you can find an alternative solution but these are the only two I remember hearing that worked.

Perrie Juran wrote:

I can't find the threads now but as my memory serves me the solutions to missing folders were

A.  Clean Install

B.  Contact support.

I hope you can find an alternative solution but these are the only two I remember hearing that worked.

Perrie, don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but wasn't there something about logging into the beta grid?

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

A.  Clean Install

B.  Contact support.

Perrie, don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but wasn't there something about logging into the beta grid?

Yes there was something about this also.  I tried doing a brief search of the topic but drew a blank.  I'm just not up to deep digging today.

This happened to me too.... I recently had my connection slowed down due to using too much broadband and got "shaped". It came back after inventory fully loaded.

Either that, or..... it could be in your Lost and Found Folder, caused by some rift in a time/space continuum. Don't even try to find it there, or think about that too much even, as I heard that's how portals into other universes are caused.

some times it takes ages to get stuff back

one thing i find sometimes works is to deliberate crash the viewer. it knows when you do that if you have send crash reports on and sometimes tries to fix. sometimes next log. sometimes after the next time you crash it

is dangerous to do this way tho. can get crashed out of sl bigtime and is big problems some days to get back in

can say tho that i have always got my stuff back eventually. sometimes in Trash and sometimes in Objects folder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.