Changing Content Descriptions

Gregory McLeod

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am building an object which itself contains new owner no copy, no modify objects,scripts and notecards.

Can a new owner change the description of the enclosed objects?

The new owner can see the descriptions of the enclosed objects by editing the enclosing object and checking their properties.

How do you preserve the contents unchanged?

No modify means you can look at, but not change anything.

If the object containing the no modify items itself is modify, then the new owner can move or delete the containg items from the objects inventory.

In other words; if everything is no modify, then the new owner can change nothing about it.

Is there a possibility that some TPV has the ability?

Or even a hacked copy of a TPV?

No. All objects and their properties (including permissions) are stored on the LL servers. A viewer can request that something about the object be changed, like the description, but if the object is set to no modify, the server will simply ignore the request.

If someone can, in fact, change the description of your object, then you might want to double check the permission settings.  Permission settings can be rather confusing and it's pretty easy to miss something.

Thanks to both for your info and comments.

I tend to believe that it is not possible, although I understand about the possible confusion over the permissions.

If everything is next owner no copy no modify and the contents are the same with one exception the notecard which is no modify iI think I have set them correctly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.