Can I use full-perm textures in builds I ship?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I buy a texture full-perm and use it in my build

- when I ship my product it is Mod/Copy/NoTrans (or Mod/Trans/NoCopy)

- I don't ship the 3rd party textures as contents textures, I just use them in the product build.

I assume this is proper and legal, that I only need to change the texture perms *if* I ever actually ship them as contents ??

In Most cases yes You are right about most of it. But you should always refer to the license from the person you purchased them from. Some cases they don't want them distributed in your product. Only the person who sold them to you could tell you that. Many residents attach licenses to their products even tho they would be full mod...

Good point, let me clarify.  All textures were purchased with permission to use in builds and ship

- but not to sell or ship the  *textures* themselves full-perm

so, I assume that as long as the *product* i am shipping has one or more limited perms, and that i am not including the textures in the contents tab (i.e.. I am just using them to texture build pieces), I am meeting everyone's expectations.

In other words, there is no need to change permissions on the textures in my inventory as long as I never ship a full-perm product.

You don';t need to change the perms on the textures at all.  If you are simply applying a texture to an object, rather than putting the texture in the object, the new owner will have no perms on the texture itself.  That is, the texture is not a separable item when it has been applied to a prim surface. The only thing the new owner can do is look at it.

• Like 2

I think you can ship a ful perm product with the textures. What it says is not to ship the textures alone. by "themselves" as full mod.. So no one else can use them . If they are applied to the object or product you ship and are full mod on the product. that should be fine. The users wont be able to access the image by it self and use it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.