Can I inventory delete textures without breaking customers i shipped product to ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to cleanup my inventory, it is a worse mess than my RL garage.

- I have build product and shipped to marketplace customers

What if during my cleanup I delete a texture that I used in a product build?

- is it already fully embedded into the product I shipped to customers?

- or if I delete that texture will their products suddenly be missing its texture?

I am fairly sure I can delete, but wanted to be sure

- which I guess implies that SL keeps old (used) textures forevereven worse than TV horders.

In theory, you're right.  Your inventory is nothing more than a sort of index to the various objects in SL's asset servers that you have permission to use..  If you delete an item, it's still in the servers for other people to use.  There are at least two practical reasons for holding onto a texture that you have used in a product for sale, though:

1.  You may decide to turn out a new version of the product at some future time, and you may need the textures to do it.  I have redesigned old builds several times, so I have been glad that I saved my old textures.

2.  One of your customers (or you) might do something unforgivably stupid like retexturing a wall without saving a backup first.  (OK, I've done that too.)  It's good to have your own backups for just such an emergency.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.