Can't see Adult stuff?

RiStaraa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still only a few days new on this site. It  seems to take a huge learning experience to play here.

I'm unable to view "adult" content in the market and I've been barred from one site I didn't even know had adult themes. I'm wondering why.

Does your account need to be a certain amount of hours and/or days old to access this? Or did I somehow put in the wrong birth year? I am an adult and I'm hoping to possibly indulge in restricted areas/activities after I'm able to get the hang of everything. So it might be a while yet, but I'd still like to know why.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

if you put in a under 18 birthdate on the new account signup page then you stuck as a G account until the 18th birthdate comes of age

+

if you did put a 18+ birthdate in the signup then is borked. if is borked or you made a mistake on the signup and put in a underage then either way you have to file a ticket to fix it. you will have to provide some kinda RL identity docs to fix usually. the support person who handle your ticket will tell you what you will need

RiStaraa,

This was happening to me all weekend - I am age verified, a Merchant, etc. Normally, my Marketplace options default to G, M and Adult. This past weekend, no matter what I tried (logging out, clearing browser cache, shutting down computer, logging back in, resetting Maturity level), it kept changing back to "G" only.

I kept trying for hours and then, without any explanation that I can provide, it corrected itself and allowed me to go back to viewing the G, M, and Adult products.

Keep trying, something seems a bit buggy right now, and I suspect that is what you are encountering. Don't get discouraged. Make sure that you are age verified, and that in your viewer you check G, M, and A on each search page. Then, instead of using the MP for now, try visiting the actual stores inworld.

nah! not anymore

linden change the age verification a few weeks ago now. seems you only get one go at it now. on the signup

linden now working on the assumption that people will put in their actual RL birthdate. and if you put in a fake one just bc you wants to see what SL is before you commit then they put it on you to remember your fake info yourself (:

+

linden do the ticket thing to change bc of the actual real underage people. like if you under 18 and your Mom lets you make a G account and she watch while you do it then you cant go back later on and change it yourself when she is not looking

Arwen Serpente wrote:

RiStaraa,

This was happening to me all weekend - I am age verified, a Merchant, etc. Normally, my Marketplace options default to G, M and Adult. This past weekend, no matter what I tried (logging out, clearing browser cache, shutting down computer, logging back in, resetting Maturity level), it kept changing back to "G" only.

I kept trying for hours and then, without any explanation that I can provide, it corrected itself and allowed me to go back to viewing the G, M, and Adult products.

Keep trying, something seems a bit buggy right now, and I suspect that is what you are encountering. Don't get discouraged. Make sure that you are age verified, and that in your viewer you check G, M, and A on each search page. Then, instead of using the MP for now, try visiting the actual stores inworld.

this actual sounds pretty right

was really screwy  the whole age verification change over. was heaps people got this done to them. like got turned into G. linden done something at the time to fix them. maybe RiStaraa not get the linden fix that was supposed to have happened to everyone affected 

16 wrote:

16, I agree, that's entirely possible.

@RiStaraa, if this doesn't clear up soon for you (literally in the next 24 hours), try submitting a Support Ticket and explaining the situation with age verification and problems seeing G,M,A products. LL Support may need to help correct something for you.

Edited to add: lol, 16, so sorry, no idea why your quote doesn't show up!

Thanks, everyone.

Hopefully it will just end up being a temporary glitch and it'll right itself.

I've put in the wrong year for myself before - said '94 instead of '93. If that's what I did here, I'm perfectly fine with waiting until October to join in the Adult stuff. It may just take me that long to actually get a good handle on things. ^.^'

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.