Constantly being logged out in the last few days

chrisbreitling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the past few days using the official SLViewer has become extremely annoying, I have no idea how many times in the day it logs me out without giving me any option other than "Quit or IM". This has been happening for the past day or two and I am getting a bit tired of it, can't enjoy SL as it was this past week.

Why is it happening?

You've posted several questions / comments in the Forum and all of them including this could be indicative of a problem with your connection.

However, you haven't really given any information for anyone to work with.  System specs, how you connect to the internet, etc.

SL can be and generally is very dependent on everything running smoothly.  With out more information, really all any one can make are generic suggestions and it can turn into a case of the dog chasing it's tail.

Personally, I have no interest in casing tails.

In one ocassion I had a connection problem but that was it, I reset my Cable modem and my 1 MBit connection has been fine, I can access all other websites without any problems or delays.

My system:

CPU: Intel i7-920 @2.67 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
VIDEO: nVidia GeForce GTX285 with 1GB dedicated video memory

anything else?

Chris, everything you're describing is a symptom of connection problems. The ability to access other web sites doesn't really mean anything because most web sites, even video sites, tolerate flaky connections pretty well. SL, however, runs best on a connection that doesn't need to be extremely fast but should be very stable and consistent. It also needs a steady two-way connection - most other web pages don't need much input from your side.

Try going to "pingtest.net" and running their test by connecting to San Francisco. The test is one of quality, not speed.

A number of people are having issues with SL performance the past couple of days including myself. See threads under General Discussion. Lag spikes and lower than usual fps are hitting me too and if I had a lesser machine, some of the lag spikes would crash me I'm sure. I've done all the checks my end that I can do and suggestions are it's server side. Just hoping it's all sorted soon. It's the same for me using the official viewer or Niran's,

My PC may be early 2010 but it is still a high end system with a 1GB nVidia GTX285, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits, 4GB memory and an i7-920 CPU. I run other stuff here like Microsoft Flight Simulator X, etc.

The situation has improved somewhat in the past couple of days but it is certainly not like about a week ago when I joined.

I just wanted to say that since yesterday evening I have been having the same problem of being logged out constantly with the same message as described. I am running firestorm. I understand that I'm not the only one after talking to friends. I have a new more than capable PC with no previous problems at all.  All other websites run fine. Could it be something to do with this new pathfinding that is going on? It is extremely annoying and I hope it is going to be fixed soon.

Well I was fine all day until an hour ago when I visited a particular island then performance fell off a cliff and I varied from 56/60 fps down to 1 to 7 with horrendous lag spikes and nearly crashed a few times. Went home to mainland and fps fell from 80 to only 8 in a second. Relogged and back up to over 80. Weird. Hope LL sort it all out soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.