Problem with Pathfinding viewer

kayla Mekanic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I heard about the Pathfinding viewer that lets you experiment with pathfinding scripts, but, Whenever I log into the viewer,I get this wierd blacked out screen that still shows my HUD items and I can see floating text, I can click things even though I can't see them, I can walk around teleport but this black screen is keeping me from doing anything on this viewer... Anybody know what the problem might be? does this viewer only work on the Beta grid? or can you log into agni with it too? I got this glitch when i logged onto agni but i haven't tried aditi yet

edit: nope... even on the aditi grid using the same viewer the screen is still black...

What viewer were you using before you started using the pathfinding viewer? Its graphics engine should be basically the same as the standard LL viewer - pathfinding itself doesn't change the display engine. Try clearing your cache or reinstalling your viewer. Also, are your video drivers up to date?

everytime i update my AMD drivers I get major problems with video game graphics (like models with holes in them) I don't know why it does that, so I've stopped updating the drivers and everything seems fine. I've used the other standard SL viewers before and no problems. I'll try clearing the cache and see if that works

Edit: clearing cache isn't working. This is very odd because the other viewers I've used work fine including the V3 viewer. Its alright though, I can wait till the official pathfinding is released to agni

Basicly Pathfinding is a type of artificial intelligence that lets an object manuver around obstacles (many video games have pathfinding to make the non playable characters smarter) I'd really love to use this new feature in SL in the future as I am planning to make possible intelligent NPCs (non playable characters) in sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4290 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.