half mouselook?

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I have a strange thing going on which i cant find on the forums, please bear with me if i missed it.

When i am stood, and walking even, my camera seems to be in half mouse look..i am looking down a lot more than i used to i'm sure, almost at the top of my head. I can change the camera controls  to rear view and all looks normal, but when i close, and move my avi, i go straight back to the half mouse look...i tried all camera controls...and everything reverts back...i run FireStorm with Phioenix skin.

I'd appreciate any help...

Soobs

sooby Mills wrote:

Hi

I have a strange thing going on which i cant find on the forums, please bear with me if i missed it.

When i am stood, and walking even, my camera seems to be in half mouse look..i am looking down a lot more than i used to i'm sure, almost at the top of my head. I can change the camera controls  to rear view and all looks normal, but when i close, and move my avi, i go straight back to the half mouse look...i tried all camera controls...and everything reverts back...i run FireStorm with Phioenix skin.

I'd appreciate any help...

Soobs

I am not inworld to look it up excactly but I have had the same with Firestorm a couple of weeks ago. It turned out the camera view/angle was changed. Not the camera controls, but in preferences > move and view. Try to adjust the sliders in there to see if it fixes your view.  I will be online in a couple of hours to check how it is called, but maybe you can find it already :).

Well, i tried your suggestion Caitlin..unfortunatley it didnt fix the problem...i need to drop lower down on my view, and as far as i could see nothing helped.

I am wondering maybe a reinstall of S.L. may do anything...Anyway. thanks for the suggestion.

Soobs

If you are using the latest: Firestorm 4.1.1 (28744) Jul  9 2012 there is a cool feature which changes the default view.

Hold down Ctrl key and scroll the middle mouse wheel button.
This sets the camera height.

Hold down Shift key and scroll the middle mouse wheel button.
This sets how far the camera is from avatar.

Very cool as the viewer remembers how you have set the view using the above.
Maybe you have accidentally used those without knowing what they do?

Thanks a million Coby, thats seems to have fixed things..i really appreciate it, i guess i must have accidentally changed something, i know i was editing something at the time and maybe just fluffed the whole thing. Thanks once again.

And thank you Caitlin for your patience and help, also to Ina...thank you all ♥

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.