Missing Mesh

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone.

I've made my first mesh dress, with some details and it's all one single mesh object. It's also rigged. When I go to upload it, for some reason, some of the parts of the mesh are missing. In this case, the dress part is missing but the details are uploaded. Again, in blender I have this as one single mesh.

Same thing happened with a pairt of shorts: this time, some details were missing and large chunks of the shorts weren't there, leaving gaping holes. Same thing: one mesh, rigged.

I tried recalculating and inverting normals, but it didn't do a thing. I don't know what's causing this. Could someone help me fix it?

Thank you!

along with having more than 8 materials flipped faces can also do what you describe

If you are using blender switch to texture view mode to see if annything is transparent,if it is go to edit mode,select ewerything and recalculate normals,in most cases that corrects all messed up faces all to same side,if they are wrong way just use flip normals to get them outside

Someone told me in-game that it might be because I was just working with too many faces on my model. I seperated the dress from the details and indeed, the dress showed up fine. I guess the details are just too heavy; I might have to re-do them...

By the way, could anyone tell me a limit of paces or vertexes that SL can handle in one single model upload?

The real limit is 65000 vertices per object, which translates to roughly 130000 faces.

You might expect trouble with numbers not quite as high though because of packet loss I think.

Wiki

Those numbers really aren't needed for any SL clothing and will result in an unreasonable graphical load. The second life avatar you are dressing is only about 7000 faces.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.