I can't seem to get my FPS up higher than a 7. Not sure what is causing this. Can anyone please help

SUZE Gothly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Aside from offering generic advice, there's not much we can say without knowing more about your computer, its Internet connection, and how you have your viewer configured.

It's possible that some changes in the last round of server upgrades have made a difference. Other than that, I suggest checking through the ideas at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-improve-Viewer-performance/ta-p/1316923 .  If you post more details about your own system, we might have more specific suggestions. Just click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

SUZE Gothly wrote:

Since yesterday I have been having trouble. I can't seem to get my FPS up higher.Which normally it was running over 24 or more now it dropped. Anyone can help me?

Welcome to Second Life Answers, SUZE

I don't know where you are in the world, but if you happen to be in the UK, you could attribute the drop in FPS to the kids breaking up for the long summer holidays.

How is your FPS at different times of the day?

Is it affected by the type of sim you are on; ie, are you visiting busy sims, or is it consistently low FPS? 

Other answers will follow.  As I have not been logged in for two days, and there has been a deploy in that time, I am unable to blame the reduction in FPS on the latest server updates by LL.

If you wish to add more to your thread, you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand corner of your original post and "edit".

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4345 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.