Forum Ignore Function

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On the old forums, or maybe it was the old, old forums...anyway...when someone was placed on ignore their posts were not seen.  I have a person on ignore (no one in this forum...it's a whole different level, as it were) but I can still see the posts; not if someone replies and quotes this person, but posts the person began, replied to, etc.

I double-checked the settings and it does show this person on my forum ignore list, but is the function to not see their posts gone now?

The forum ignore fuction blocks the other party's private forum messages, nothing more.

What is my Ignore Users List and how do I add users to it?

If you are receiving messages that you'd prefer not to receive, you can add the sender to your Ignored Users list. The system blocks all messages from users on your Ignored Users list.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/pm#ignorelist

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

The forum ignore fuction mutes the other party's private forum messages, nothing more.

What is my Ignore Users List and how do I add users to it?

If you are receiving messages that you'd prefer not to receive, you can add the sender to your Ignored Users list. The system blocks all messages from users on your Ignored Users list.

That's what I figured.  Was just hoping.  Thanks, Griffin. :)

ya i think once we went to the blogrums..they didn't have an ignore..but if i remember right Void made a couple of scripts for those..one for forum color change and also an ignore script that we could get if we wanted..

it would be nice if we could get scripts for these forums and have the choice like that..

if we wanted..

i don't even know where to find my IM one..hehehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

ya i think once we went to the blogrums..they didn't have an ignore..but if i remember right Void made a couple of scripts for those..one for forum color change and also an ignore script that we could get if we wanted..

it would be nice if we could get scripts for these forums and have the choice like that..

if we wanted..

Ahhhhh, someone who remembers the term "blogrums."  ;)  Remember when people used to request not quoting someone in a post because said person was on their ignore list and, while they didn't see the person's actual posts, *another* person quoting them of course was seen. (This non-quoting request was generally for one or two VERY controversial/mean-spirited types who, come to think about it, I haven't seen on the new forums.  Maybe the person went to one of the third-party forums.)

Do you know where to get one of the scripts, or maybe I should just IM Void personally.  Thanks, Ceka. :)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

if we wanted..

Ahhhhh, someone who remembers the term "blogrums." 
;)
  Remember when people used to request not quoting someone in a post because said person was on their ignore list and, while they didn't see the person's actual posts, *another* person quoting them of course was seen. (This non-quoting request was generally for one or two VERY controversial/mean-spirited types who, come to think about it, I haven't seen on the new forums.  Maybe the person went to one of the third-party forums.)

Do you know where to get one of the scripts, or maybe I should just IM Void personally.  Thanks, Ceka.
:)

i don't know if they would work here or not..i just know she made them for those forums..although they seem to look the same sort of..

even our sama vatars change with the archives..so maybe =)

let me know if it works if you get it..

oh and ya i remember people always asking to stop quoting someone they had on ignore..it was hard to remember who had who on ignore..hehehe

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

and I sure miss those good times, this place has gotten sorta bland ever since...

Me too.  So many of the forumite regulars went to third party forums and some to other virtual worlds.  I miss Trout's "**bleep** Ratings,"  The Never Ending Thread; I learned soooo much from the "Advice on Sales" thread that was still going strong for a year+ when the plug was pulled on thosse forums, and so many other people's posts I enjoyed.

Edit to add - After I posted I saw that the first word in Trout's ratings was replaced with **bleep** although on the old forums it was bandied about regularly.  Interesting.  Anyway, the word was s1ut.

Edit to my edit - For those reading this not around during those "ratings," wanted to make clear this was all in fun and those who wanted the "rating" voluntarily participated and many used their "rating" as their forum signatures.  At first I was a bit surprised anyone would want that particular moniker, but as time went on and I saw how Trout did his "ratings" - I saw it in a slightly different light.  Interestingly a few days ago I pulled up someone's profile to find a particular store and in the person's profile picks was her "Trout Rating."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.