bug in map

LooLyne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I teleportrd to seee a house to Rent , now my map keeps popping up and tping me there , i have tryed clearing my cache & try to clear the map deleted all the LM i have for that place and still it keeps popping up and TPing me there csn you please help

Thank you

LooLyne Resident

12 answers to this question

Did you pick up some object while you were there?  I ask because I could easily write a script that opens your map view with a preset location whenever the script is activated.  That function is usually used in information kiosks to help travelers get to a distant point, but it could be built into a mobile device too. (I have put it in a HUD as part of a guided tour, for example.)  It could not teleport you without your permission -- you'd have to click on the map's TP button -- but it would always open the map.  Open your inventory's WORN tab to see if you are wearing a new object that might be doing that.

Can you clarify something for me?  You said that your map "still it keeps popping up and TPing me there" .  I can understand the map popping up (sort of), but I am having a very hard time understanding how it keeps TPing you anywhere.  Do you mean that it TPs you all by itselfWithout you touching the TP button?  

Wow! I couldn't script something to do that if I tried. At least ...... I won't be able to do that for a week or two. There's a brand new script function ( llTeleportAvatar ) that will allow us to teleport an avatar directly to any spot, provided that we have permission first, but that function hasn't been released yet.

Although .... wait.... so you're typing something in chat, and the map opens, and then you hit Enter and you TP? If that's what happens, then part of it makes sense. Hitting Enter while you have the map open is the same as hitting the Teleport button. So, don't hit Enter. Click the X to close the map.

That still doesn't explain why the map opens, but if you don't hit Enter, at least you won't TP.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.