Can i do this

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New to this,I am a manager of a club in sl and have started dressing the place up to match the themes we have ,My question is after ive done that is there a way to save it so i can use the same things again without placing them out individualy ,save me loads of time lol

For example the other day i did a western theme using a (corral,haybales,carts etc)all single items then after i had to remove it ,but if i wanted to use that same thing again is there a way to link them all together so i could place them as one item

You can select whatever items you want to (re)move and either:

• pick them up as a coalesced object (you'll have to reposition them when you set them back out; make sure you're in edit mode before taking the coalesced object out of your inventory so that they're all selected and you can reposition all at once); or
  • move them out of the way (if you have the prims available; underground, up in the sky, etc.).

ETA: Read carefully the caveats about coalesced objects at the link above, this one especially:

32px-KBwarning.pngWarning: If your coalesced object contains one or more no-copy objects and is rezzed across the boundary of a parcel where building isn't allowed, the content will not return to your inventory, resulting in content loss.

If they are modifiable you can put them in a rezz box ( also called a packager) so that when you need them again you can put them all out with the click of a button.  If they are not copy too though, you'll only be able to rez them out then pick them back up when finished and put them back in the box. 

Rez boxes are not difficult to use.  You put the box out in a center location.  THen you put a script that comes with the box in the edit contents of each item.  Pick the items up,or take copies of them then put them in the box.  To be sure you get them back exactly where they were, click the rez box and go to edit.  Under the Object tab, copy the three xyz numbers there and paste them in the boxes description under the general tab.  Then when you need the items again, just rez the box back out and put it in the same position coordinates and rez out your items.

There is a free open source rez box called Builder's Buddy that will do the job for you.  If you are a builder there are other systems with more features.that you may wish to investigate.  All of them are copy/transfer, some are modifiable too.

If you are going to take a group of objects into inventory (either coalesced or linked) and want to later re-rezz them in the same position, you may like to first rezz a cube in the centre, and name it "western decorations". Then take note of it's position, and write the co-ordinates into the description. Either link all to that central prim, or select all, making the named prim the last prim selected. When you want to re-rezz them, you can check the co-ordinates through looking at the objects properties while it's still in inventory. This makes it easy to find in inventory, and means you're not likely to rezz half of it over a border.

• Like 1

Don't forget to add in the number of prims/land impact the slected objects will take up, also the approximate space in meters to the root box name and/or description.

Whenever you re-rezz the object, always have the build menu open before you rez it so it will remain selected once rezzed and you can move your coalesced object round instantly, rather than selecting all the objects again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.