Uploader

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have I mentioned how much I HATE the model uploader? How on earth did they make something so broken? Everytime it's loading up a mesh or calculating expenses I think my game's gonna crash during that time (which, btw, did happen before).

SO yes, I can't seem to be able to upload some rigged meshes I made, despite having uploaded the same meshes days earlier for testing, before I made some modifications.

In blender, I right click to select the mesh, go to export->collada, tick the boxes that say "for SL" and "Only selected", name the file (with the extention .dae). In SL, I open up the uploader, the mesh pops up, I view if the skin weights are there, go to the upload options and check "with skin weights" (sometimes I also lower down the scale of the mesh), and go to calculate the price and LI.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and I wished to know why.

Anyone here knows?

I noticed with blender 2.63a when you export "only selected" that somehow the other objects are in the sceen exported. but not visible.

I made a object in blender and duplicated it. I wanted to export only the selected item and import it to Meshlab to crunch the polys . But both objects would end up in the sceen in meshlab, So I opened the blend file with a newer beta version./ 2.6.3.13 and exported only selected and it did just that. Only one object got exported this time "The one I selected". I think it is a combination of the exporter and the uploader...

I noticed that problem too, but sometimes the "only selected" option did work, sometimes it didn't. To me, it seems random, so honestly I dunno what's going on.

But I really don't like the downloader: I think they just programmed it really badly.

I have, although it is a while since, had issues with crashing if I did not remove the *.slm files the uploader leaves behind on a successful upload. Have you tried deleteing these before uploading the model again? (I'm nor sure this is a problem anymore, so it might not help.)

- Luc -

Spinell wrote:

I noticed that problem too, but sometimes the "only selected" option did work, sometimes it didn't. To me, it seems random, so honestly I dunno what's going on.

In Blender 2.63 the option "selected only" also included the selected but hidden objects.This most probably explains why it sometimes works and sometimes not as selected but invisible objects tend to be overlooked :)

The newest Exporter (2.63.13) exports only those selected objects which are also visible.

always thought the *.slm files were crucial, so I let them be. Didn't know it might get better if you delete them.

Also, how could I get the blender version? Just to update the one I currently have so the"only selected" option works properly?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.