Clothing Stores and their ADs - Policies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In my experience, its not so much that the promo pics have been doctored, its that some things that look great in the right static pose look terrible when you move.  Consider the prim part of a dress;  It simply can't match the clothing layer perfectly, not when the AV is moving around.

Now there are some clothing designers that do a very good job of working with the limitations of the medium, and coming up with clothes that work well on a moving avatar, and a whole lot more who just dont have that skill. 

I'm a merchant. I give so much stuff away, via hunts, and all new items, that most people know my items pretty well. but If they got something I made and it's borked, I'd hope they contact me for a fix or refund. I've not problems people contacting me. The issue with demos is that it's SOOO much work. I think that people who don't make clothing think it's easy to just make a demo. The thing is is each texture is an upload, another 10 Lindens, another PS texture that has to be marked demo, and if you've an item that has many layers, it's unreal the amount of work. Thus, when you charge according the the level of work, then no one is happy. I've never seen demos for layered clothing. Makeups I do offer demos. some meshes I offer demos, but mesh has been around for a while now and most know what they're getting. When I put up demos, everyone takes them but that doesn't make a sale. 

I don't uber photshop my images. I just remove the back ground and drop it on the package template I use. I might smooth out their skin or hair butn not clothing. I might flex a skirt with a liquify because flex skirts look so flat on an image, but that's about it. I don't have time to fuss with those photos anyways. I'm **bleep** about seams. I use a 3d model to make sure they're right, but things happen. Even in the best of intentions things happen. Especially if, like me, you're making multiple outfits each day.

Try the hunts and see what you get at the store and you'll know if you want to come back. They're better than demos, because you can wear them. I have given away about 10000 wedding gowns this month for 1L just to get my name out there. Many ways to show you're good at what you do without using PS, besides, IF someone is good enough to "doctor" their images, they really should be good enough to make beautiful clothing!!

On the designer side, we've had some crazy demands. Especially if it's free! LOL

BUT I want my customers to be happy and if they're not, they need to get ahold of me asap. They might have got something older of mine. Whatever the problem. I'll fix it, and a good designer will do that. Don't settle for yuck!

only buy things with demos if you feel demos are important..

if you feel leery about an add then shop else where..because not everyone may feel they were riped off..

the good thing about the market place is it has reviews and also lets the seller put up more than one image of the item..letting them show it in different positions and views..

if i don't feel satisfied after seeing those..i move on..

knowing there isn't a demo on certain things and it being a major factor in how you wish to purchase..

use that in how you purchase things..

any market selling direct always tries it's best to show it's products in the best  possible light..

fraud is when the items that are being sold are not the items sold..lighting or touchups don't fall under fraud or false advertising....

look at cereal you buy from the store..

that milk that is standing up on corn flakes that they put right on the box that is supposed to be there to make the corn flakes look so great..it's white glue..not milk at all..

it would be nice if everyone had a try before you buy system in how they sold things..but we know before we buy that they don't..

in this market some do and some don't..put your money with the ones that do if you feel strong about this..the worlds markets are flooded with this type of thing to sell product..it's why there are sales people selling cars..

and not everyone selling in the market are content creators..some are just affiliates that sell products that they have purchased to sell..

all that will come of a system imposing something where this market has to have a try before you buy system is..content creators and affiliates leaving the market..because they now have to create a demo version of each thing they are selling and each item in each folder they are selling as well..let alone go back over everything they have already on the market and redo them..

when really only some may be feeling they were ripped off because they couldn't get their corn flakes to make milk stand up on them...while others may feel..hey these corn flakes tastes good *nom nom nom*..

the outcome comes down to opinion on how someone feels about the final product..and that is going to change person to person..item to item..

if your niche is to not buy from those that don't give demos out..use that..just as someone says they will not buy things that are no mod or no trans or no copy..or for whatever reason they choose to not buy there..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.