[Solved] Permissions change when item rezzed and taken back

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have made a dance HUD, and I gave it to someone as the prim was full perm, but scripts inside were no modify, no copy for next owner.

If she rezzes it to add inventory and then takes the prim back, it becomes no modify, no copy for her because of those scripts inside. Is this normal? What can I do to keep it modifyable? For example, if she wants to add a  no copy animation to the HUD, when she takes the HUD back it changes permissions, so the animation will stay there int he prim forever. Can I do something against this?

I know there is a script function llAllowInventoryDrop(TRUE) that allows to still drop items inside if the prim turns no modifiable, that seems to be the only solution, but still has problems with no copy animations. Or is there a better solution?

Has she tried re-rezzing the prim and modifying it again?  I'll bet you she'll be able to modify it again just fine, even though it says "(no modify)" in her inventory list.  This happens to me all the time; SL's permissions system is kind of screwed up when it comes to differentiating between the permissions of the prim itself vs. the permissions of the content inside it.

Yup.  That (no mod) sign is just telling you that something in the object is no mod, not necessarily the object itself.  That's normal, expected behavior. The permissions tag in inventory, in other words, will always tell you the most restrictive permissions applicable to the object.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.