Help! I clicked on stupid avatar button and can't go back!

Caralee Carstensz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm beyond annoyed right now - sorry if this is ranty! 

I clicked on the choose avatar button and now I'm a gd car and there apparently is no undo - at least none that I can find. My avatar that I purchased was gorgeous and I want her back - how the heck do I do this??? Am I missing an obvious and stupid "go back" button? Because there should be one. 

I don't see the skin in my inventory, though I'm still looking. I had no idea this button would permanently shift me or I absolutely wouldn't have done it. Lordy. 

Any advice? And THANK YOU in advance!! 

Caralee (CeCe)

caralee.carstensz@gmail.com

3 answers to this question

It is not permanent.

You can click any other avatar and be that avatar.

Do you remember how you made yourself into the gorgeous avatar the first time?

You would do it again the same way. Find your skin, your shape, your hair, eyes, eyebrows, clothes, etc until you look great again.

This time, save that as an outfit. You can change complete outfits just by clicking a button, outfits consist of everything an avatar is wearing, so you could go from casual to formal or grungy to fantasy in no time.

If you are having a hard time finding the pieces that made you how you were before, try using the inventory's search feature.

• Like 2

I'm sorry...I can't help having gigglefits over the fact that Caralee Carstensz is a...car! :smileyvery-happy:

If you purchased a complete avatar, the various pieces MAY be in one inventory folder with the name of that avatar.  In that case, simply find the folder, right click it, and select Replace Outfit.

Or, it's possible that the various pieces got sent to different folders in your inventory when you unpacked the box they came in...or you yourself sorted them into different folders.  In that case, you'll have to find the pieces by looking in Body Parts, Clothing, and possibly other folders.  The inventory Search function can be handy here, especially if the items all had the name of the product in their name, like "Barbie Avatar skin", etc.

Once you have reassembled yourself, right click yourself, select Appearance/Edit My Outfit.  Then click the Make New Outfit button and save your "look" to a new name.  This outfit can then be found in the (what else?) Outfits folder. 

Changing your look is one of the most fun things about SL...I know some people who morph from animal to vegetable to god-knows-what ten times a day or more.  So enjoy your car-ness while it lasts, and experiment with other avatars too.  You may find you LIKE being a dragon, or a potted plant, at least now and then.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.