my avatar wont load and my clothes and shape wont load.

Tom Kerr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My avatar wont load, after ctrl+alt+r i do appear but not as i was.

When i try to wear my shapoe and skin i get the message that my shape and clothes are still loading. But dipite all the good advices i have read and tried, i still cant get my old avatar back.

Could somebody please give me some advice? 

Ok, i have done all that is sugested, but still it is saying cant change clothes or shape untill your clothes and shape is loaded. 

3 answers to this question

Hi Tom,

Try changing the Big Four first, namely:

Bald base

Shape

Skin

Eyes

Change them one by one, not all at once by dragging a library avatar onto yourself.

If they fail, try the various solutions here:

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=bake_fai​l (apply to all viewers not just Phoenix)

You can add comments to your post by selecting Options > Edit to the right of your post.

Edit: I was driven crazy once being a cloud with none of the usual remedies working. Then I tried changing my eyes and instand rez from cloud. Sometimes it can be the smallest things that are preventing you from rezzing.

Nyll is absolutely right in her suggestions.  There is a long list of cures for bake fail in that link that she pointed you toward.  They work. 

If you keep having this problem over and over again, though, you ought to be asking "Why me?"  The answer is that all of the bake fail solutions are taking care of the symptoms, but not your real problem.  You have a crummy Internet connection.  Bake fail occurs because your avatar appearance files are being corrupted as they move back and forth between your computer and SL's servers.  Information is being lost along the way.  Chances are very good that they are being lost very close to your own machine.  If you're using wireless, that's one big no-no.  Everything interferes with wireless, and wireless was never intended for continuous data streaming anyway.  Also, your router could be losing its grip -- in need of a reboot to clear its RAM and get a fresh hold on your IP address.  Unplug it from the power for a few minutes to do that.  There are more advanced solutions for a bad connection, but those two should go a long way toward a cure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.