i can't log on anything except imprudence

Nicci Winsmore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It's a bit hard to know what's going on.  What "crash issues" are you having?  Are you really crashing, or disconnecting?  Any error messages?  How far through the login procss do you get?  It would also help to know something about your computer and Internet connection (you're not using wireless, are you?).  If you can get in world with Imprudence, go to Help >> About Imprudence and cut & paste the contents of that window back here to this thread.  Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add that stuff. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

I am no getting "edit" in the options to the right. What are you talking about? I get "mark as news, subscribe, etc..." not "edit". So here is the copy from imprudence.

Imprudence 1.3.0 RC2 / Second Life 1.23.5 (136262), Aug 27 2010 16:30:08

Release Notes

Grid: Second Life (secondlife)

Built with MSVC version 1400

You are at 302677.0, 279638.0, 91.7 in Renrose located at sim9479.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.43.182:13002)

Second Life Server 12.06.18.259948

Release Notes

CPU: Intel Pentium II/Xeon/Celeron (Model 5 core, 0.25 micron process) (2266 MHz)

Memory: 3958 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTS 360M/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0013.0142

OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.19.6-CVS OpenSSL/0.9.8j c-ares/1.6.0

J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.565, Runtime: 1.4.0.565

Audio Driver Version: OpenAL, version 1.1 ALSOFT 1.12.854 / OpenAL Community / OpenAL Soft: DirectSound Software

GStreamer Version: 0.10.20.1

LLMozLib Version: [LLMediaImplLLMozLib] - 2.01.51359 (Mozilla GRE version 1.8.1.21_0000000000)

Packets Lost: 261/39103 (0.7%)

Thanks for posting those specs (in the Permalink to my last post).  Your machine looks like it should be able to handle a V3 level viewer with no difficulty but I do notice hat your packet loss is marginally high --- perhaps high enough to drop your connection if you have occasional spikes. Imprudence is a V1 generation viewer, so it's a bit more tolerant of packet loss than the other viewers you have tried (except Phoenix, but I think it may still expect a more stable connection too). 

You didn't say whether you are getting any error messages, but I suspect that you're not, so you are not crashing.  You are disconnecting.  That packet loss is likely a local problem.  If you are using wireless, get rid of it and move to a direct cable connection.  Wireless is not only susceptible to interference from many sources, but it was never designed for continuous data transfer.  It handles data in bursts, which makes it harder for SL to handle.  If you're still having the problem without wireless, suspect your router next.  Reboot it by unplugging it from the power for a few minutes. It wouldn' hurt to restart you computer then too.   If you're still having problems, take a look at Nalates's blog for other connection suggestions >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

BTW, the EDIT option is under the Options link in the upper right corner of your question.  I know, this is goofy software.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.