Product Reviews

Zhoie Zimermann

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

amindwithaheart wrote:

I didn't read the whole description

Reviews trashing something because the buyer did not read the description will be removed.  Reviews which actually help other potential buyers identify shortcomings in the product are not.

amindwithaheart wrote:

I gave someone a bad review, but it was removed and I was not refunded. They flagged my review, I presume, and had it removed however I was not contacted and I only found out by accident when I saw the item again while looking for other products. I was partly to blame because I didn't read the whole description but I was genuinely unhappy with the product and the way I was treated. I would love to tell you the designers but I think they have more friends than me. Until you experience something like this it feels like a two way street but it is not. SL
BUYER BEWARE

This in essence what the TOS says. 

Giving something a bad review because you didn't read the directions is not fair and it can be removed.  Constructive critism is fine though and will stay.  Merchants can ask for a review to be removed, but they are only removed if in LL's opinion they are not fair, misleading, or otherwise not constructive.  Merchants can't remove bad reviews, only flag them, just like you can just flag things not remove them.

What do you mean by 'how you were treated'?  Did you contact the creator and explain to them what the problems were with the item, other than the ones you had because you can't read instructions?  Were you polite? 

You were right not to put names in your post.  Not because they have more friends than you (paranoid?) but because it is against the rules on this forum.

• 1 year later...

I received a review about one of my products, it said: Item never received!

they never contacted me in sl.. so I left one of those tiny little comments and said I would

send the product directly in sl. I did send them a copy of the product, then I received an

email from sl saying that they had redelivered the item also. that was on feb 27th, and

the 1 star review stands.. kinda makes me wonder how many good products that should

be very profitable for hard working creators getting thrown in the mud..

I don't even understand how this was any of my fault..

Johnathan Padar wrote:

<snip>

I don't even understand how this was any of my fault..

It wasn't your fault and you shouldn't suffer it staying there either. Use the "Flag Review" button under the review and select "off-topic" (or whatever it's called) as the reason. LL will almost always remove it. (I've not heard of them refusing to remove such a comment but .. they do make the final decision)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.