Any nice mesh shape out there?

Ziimii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an interest in mesh body shape lately.  Searching through the marketplace, I found some mesh shapes, but none of them are all that good.  And no product has a good review somehow.

So I wonder if there is any mesh shape on the market that you would recommend.  Or we just have to either keep waiting for good mesh shape, or try to make one ourselves using Blender etc?

I thought about make one myself, but it appears to be quite a daunting task.

Any comment is appreciated.

It all depends on your definition of "nice".

Guess we talk about human shapes, can´t figure if male or female sorry ...

Personally i cannot see the advantage of a mesh-shape over a regular SL-shape (to all techies i know thats mesh too :P)

My problem about human mesh-shapes are still that fingers faces... cannot be animated without scripting and ....

Monti

Monti Messmer wrote:

Personally i cannot see the advantage of a mesh-shape over a regular SL-shape (to all techies i know thats mesh too
:P
)

My problem about human mesh-shapes are still that fingers faces... cannot be animated without scripting and ....

Clothing will be a bit of a challenge too.  At least in the sense of compatibility.

I'm not sure why one would want a mesh human avatar just for a shape. Right now it is hard to tweak mesh shape. For instance one cannot tweak breast size.

Personally I think it is easier to make a shape using the viewer's controls. 

Also, a mesh shape will generally not be able to use any of skins sold in SL. So, one is stuck with the skin and shape combination.

Everyone buying the skin and shape will be identical... with some variation in height.

There is also the issue of hands and the face not being able to be animated. One needs a set of handes and faces with the different poses, because a mesh cannot deform via the emotes system. That may change. A possibility is being considered.

I would be surprised if there are many mesh human avatars around. It seems rather pointless. There are lots of mesh alternate avatars, petites, FluFee like critters, and more. But, a plain human.... naah.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.