how do i get rid of my peak square meter usage of 512.00 square meters?

Ninotchka Oompa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i've never had any land in second life nor do i have any now, all i've had was a linden home from the premium membership i use to had which i do not have anymore as of yesterday i downgraded to basic. i already asked this on here before but was not told what i have to do to get rid of my peak square meter usage of 512.00 square meters, which is still showing on my account. i downgraded to basic membership and i abandoned the linden home i had. the only thing i would like to know and need your help on is what is it that i have to do to get rid of the peak square meter usage of 512.00 square meters thats still showing on my account that says i still have?. i do not want or need this so i do not want to get a monthly bill for it i want it gone off my profile. thank you so much for the help.

5 answers to this question

Agreed. Go to your Land Use Manager in your dashboard and make SURE that your land use is at ZERO. A friend of mind didn't do that awhile back and was indeed billed even though she wasn't using the "possibility". In theory the idea was that she might want to get something else within the month. Now, also in theory, they have fixed that and your payments are guaged as they were long ago simply on the most land you used during the month.

So while you should be OK, I would make double certain that your land use option is set to zero so that you won't get billed.

Good luck! 

• Like 1

A couple of things that aren't mentioned in the other answers are:

1. Linden Labs will still charge you for the maximum amount of land you owned in the previous billing period even after you set your usage to zero on your Dashboard. For example, if your bill date was the 15th of the month, and you abandoned your land on the 16th of the month, you will be charged the full tier for the month.

2. Your account will stay as a Premium account until you reach your next bill date for your membership. You won't be charged when the next membership bill date comes around, but you can still take advantage of the Premium membership until then. This works to your favor if you switch right after you pay the membership fee because you'll still receive the weekly stipend until your account status changes.

• Like 2

As I explained in the other thread, the peak square meter usage tells you the most square meters you have owned during the current billing period. 

You don't have to do anything to get rid of it.  It will stay saying 512 meters until the start of the next billing period, and will then drop to 0, assuming you don't own any land.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.