Personal Messages (IMs) not going through properly.

Teagan Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since yesterday, 6/27/2012, I have been having a huge problem receiving IMs. I am told that people who are trying to messasge me get told I am offline... and while I can receive messages when I first log in, after about 10-20 minutes, I have to log out and log back in. Considering I almost never speak in public chat, this is extremely inconvenient.

I've asked three of my friends, and they're all having the same issue. I've tried third-party viewers thinking that it could maybe be fixed by using a different one, but from what I have seen, it's not helping.

If anyone has any information regarding this issue, please let me know. Just logging in to chat has become frustrating.

2 answers to this question

You may have run into https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540 .  If so, the workaround is non-intuitive but simple.  Mute someone .... anyone.  That should clear the problem, and you may unmute the person again if you wish, or not.  

If that's NOT the problem, see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-29121, also filed within the past month, and add your own comments, including a cut/paste of the information from your viewer at Help >> About Second Life.

• Like 3

What Rolig Said.

Also know that this has been an issue for SL for well over a year off and on.

When a region gets backed up on or by a stubborn transactions requiring communication to LL Servers, it can spiral into also not passing on your messages to you as well. There are a bunch of open JIRA reports regarding SL Messaging and I hope they get this fixed again!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.