USe my own world inside SecondLife

KatKaif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I am prestty new, posting for the first time here:matte-motes-big-grin:

I have my own world developed in Unity 3D and I want to use it inside SecondLife, is it possible?

If some one knows, please guide me so that I can create a really good world for peoples free of cost, yes free of cost.

All thing in my world is free:smileyhappy:

KatKaif 

Er? No is the easy answer.

The 'world' in SL runs on servers owned and operated by Linden Lab. The users of Second Life get no 'administrative' access to the physical machines, cannot dictate what software runs on the servers, etc.

I am unfamiliar with Unity3D. If you have built models you can upload them to SL for a cost, but rezzing them in-world will cost you L$ or US Dollars. It won't be free.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

But it is not right, I can pay for hosting my stuff but want to uase my own world. Do not want to use SecondLife ready made worlds.

As my environment/world need is totally different then what available on server.

Is there any one who also think that it is impossible?

KatKaif 

KatKaif wrote:

If some one knows, please guide me so that I can create a really good world for peoples free of cost, yes free of cost.

All thing in my world is free:smileyhappy:

KatKaif 

Think about it for a moment.  How does LL get the income in order to pay software developers who create the simulator code upon which SL runs? 

How does LL get the income to pay for server hosting?

If the answer to both of these isn't "People PAY for land" then you've missed the plot!

If you want to use your own world and don't want to use Second Life then you're in the wrong forum :)  Seriously, LL is not some benevolent organisation with an altruistic tendency, they have R&D costs and have to pay people (odd concept I know) to create the software.  Unfortunately, those nasty employees have homes to pay for and need to eat.  It's a weird concept this "Everything must be free" one.  When you get that free house, free fuel, free food etc. please do let me know as i'm sure it's something lots would like to know about.

KatKaif wrote:

Thanks,

But it is not right, I can pay for hosting my stuff but want to uase my own world. Do not want to use SecondLife ready made worlds.

As my environment/world need is totally different then what available on server.

Is there any one who also think that it is impossible?

KatKaif 

The range of available 'looks' for Second Life sims is limited only by your imagination and your wallet.

If you want to create 'your world' here, then that is most likely achievable. However you cannot change the arcitecture of the world, for reasons explained above.

'Right' doesn't enter into it.

I think you might be confused about what Second Life is. Or I'm confused about what you want.

Second Life is not, like, a server hosting service. You can't take a Unity3D setup and just plop it in somewhere. You would have to recreate it by buying land and uploading your individual models or creating them with prims. If there's something script wise, you'd have to set it up in LSL.

Hi Kat. What do you mean by "use my world" on SL? Can you explain what you mean by that? You can build your own world or environment on some land in SL if you want. If you've developed 3d models already you may be able to use them in SL, but as other posters have pointed out - it won't be free to upload them to SL.  If you want to connect something on another gaming platform to SL, that is not possible.

I do not believe you can. unity3d is a game engine, just like SL is a game engine (of sorts). SL won't host your gaming engine on their server. You could recreate the look of your unity3d world through mesh, sculpts, scripts, etc. but you wont have the game engine behind it.

if you mod the SL viewer then can create a Unity or a Cloud Party world on SL

Cloud Party probably be the easiest and the funniest (:

like use SL web-on-a-prim to create a inworld Cloud Party viewer that can be driven by your mod SL viewer

then login your SL avatar and sit in front of its inworld web browser in its bedroom or basement

avatar can then login to Facebook and make a account on there. and then play as a human on Cloud Party

jejejjejee (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4365 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.