Adding a texture for your group

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just opened a group, but when I did I didn't have a texture to add for the group, go I ended up using the generic people cut out SL offers. Now I have a good texture made up, but I'm not sure how to add it. I can change the text and all, but how do you update the texture (the picture people see when they check the group)?

Since it looks like you're new with groups, another reminder: make sure the group has 2 members minimum at all times or LL will delete it within 24 hours. Once made the name is reserved - so if its deleted, you can't make thay group again.

(they used a really foolish database storing method it appears - even though everything in SL has a database key - the UUID - the name fields also have to be unique, and expired entries are never wiped from the record.)

Making your own group is one of two reasons most people should have at least 1 alt. The second reason comes into play when you own mainland - and again applies to having 2 accounts in the group you use for your land. You don't ever need to use the alt, and it can be a free account, but its wise to have that key second member of the group belong to you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.