Does it look like this when you select something?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is what it looks like when I select something large like a house:

Screen shot 2012-06-20 at 10.13.24 PM.png

I use Phoenix because it is the only viewer for my iMac that has all the tools I need to run a business and build, but I have had to turn off Outline Selected because it often causes me to crash. I do not want to see what other viewers do because my Phoenix gets screwed up if I open another viewer. Do other viewers do this?

Hello Pamela - No I've not seen a viewer do that yet. It looks almost as if your HUD's on your desktop have also been selected? 

Am not familiar with Mac so can only relay my experience using Windows.  On my laptop, I often have 2 different viewers running - Phoenix (I still prefer to build with) & Firestorm which I am slowly becoming familiar with.  It is my understanding that having 2 viewers or even 3 open should not result in any conflicts.

I still prefer Phoenix for building but am slowly coming to terms with Firestorm and I think a few more months & I will be  much more comfortable building with it.

Ugh, typical Apple BS, unfortunately.  "It just works," except when it doesn't, they don't allow you to fix it.  Sorry, Pam, I somehow missed the fact that you said you were on an iMac in your first post.  You may be out of luck on this until and unless Apple finds it in their heart to issue a system update that includes a new driver for that card (or unless you want to run Windows or Linux on the thing). 

That's assuming the issue is indeed a driver problem in the first place, of course.  It sure looks like it, but of course, it's pretty tough to say with any degree of certainty, without the simple ability to just test a different driver.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.  Maybe somoene else will have some ideas.

Thank you, Chosen.  I should emphasize that I don't usually get this with smaller mesh, mostly just houses -- often followed by a crash.

The workaround is to turn off Outline Selection, or to just select one mesh.  But all of them at once, no. (Not a good workaround because I can't tell what I have actually selected, which will inevitably lead to me unlinking an entire house or worse.)

The thing is, at this point, how many people have the experience of repeatedly selecting something like an entire textured mesh house? Probably not a huge sample. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.