"Resident" last name gone! Anyone know why "Resident" names would have changed today w/o editing?

Aerin Eyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today, I noticed that my bf's display name had suddenly changed--the "Resident" is gone from his last name, but he kept both his two-word display name and his one-word original name.  He hasn't edited his display name since creation.  Is LL removing the "Resident" surnames?  If so, hooray!  Any ideas why this change might have occurred?

3 answers to this question

The "Resident" last name has been missing semi-randomly from at least some new style names for a while, but I can't find any mention of a formal change.  I can't remember when I first noticed that my alt didn't have the last name Resident.  It does still show up if you detect a person's name with an LSL script, though, and it's still required for login with Phoenix (and I suppose other V1 viewers).  There may be a stealth change afoot, therefore, but it's piecemeal.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, Rolig--I think you may be right about the "stealth change." I noticed the change between 5:30 AM and 3 PM SLT today--interestingly, there was a rolling restart during that time period, so it makes me wonder if it was implemented then. Regardless, you're absolutely right about still detecting the "Resident" with scripts--typing scripts in IM still include the "Resident." I appreciate knowing it's happening to others--not that we mind, but it's a little freaky realizing your name has changed without doing anything. Would be very interested to see a LL update on this one, if the PTB are listening! ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4327 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.