does LL gives stolen money back?

Yuna Ovis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

does LL gives stolen money back?

I was robebd today and the guy who robbed me said that because I reported him LL took all his money so he can't give it back to me now... I lost 522 that I HARDLY got, so what now? I'm without money? where is the support of LL? I want my stolen money back!

5 answers to this question

Yuna,

1) You can not be robbed of your Lindens per-se.

If you purchased a product or service from another avatar then you need to take that up with that person/avatar if the product or service is not delivered. In this case, you should try to get a refund or ask for the product or service to be delivered you that you purchased using the sellers vending object. If you paid a avatar directly for a service or product the same applies.

If you gave another person your Avatar password and they logged onto your account and transferred Lindens to another avatar, then you are in violation of the TOS [Terms of Service] and may be sanctioned by LL.

If you gave someone an in-world Linden Transfer Card object, then you are responsible for the loss of any lindens that person/avatar takes from your account.

2) Under no circumstances does LL owe you the lindens you lost to another avatar.

If you have a grievance with an business owner or service provider and believe a  Fraud was perpetrated please follow the steps in the link below:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983

~~~

Reporting Fraud is the right thing to do. That this person, who defrauded you, lost their account and access to their inventory, lindens and SecondLife is LL taking your report seriously and protecting others while they investigate your report fully.

The lindens you lost are the cost of the following lesson: "Be very careful who you do business with in SL"

LL could decide to use the lindens confiscated in his account to repay those defrauded or not. You will not know unless they contact you telling you of this. The detailed sanctions against this individual you will also not know as the LL TOS clearly states that it protects the privacy of everyone in SecondLife. Griefers & Good-guys.

Innula makes a great point in questioning how this person was able to communicate with you if in fact, his account was seized by LL.

I don't understand what "robbed" means in this context.   Robbery in RL is using violence or the threat of violence in the course of a theft, which I don't think can have happened here, but whatever happened, the fact the chap was apparently prepared to be dishonest with you over money suggests to me he doesn't mind lying to you about not being able to refund it.

Certainly I'm surprised that, if LL had, in fact, taken any action as a result of your AR, he was around to tell you all this.

Answering your coment to KarenMichelle answer:

Yuna, if another operson has used your account, your problem is not your L$, your problem is your account!

Please, read the Knowledge Base article about account compromised ( http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Account-credentials/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 ) and follow QUICKLY the advices:

32px-KBtip.png Tip: Keep your account safe! Don't give your password out, and make sure your web browser's address bar shows secondlife.com to prevent being phished.

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

• You can't access your account.
  • You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

1. Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
  2. On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  3. On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  4. Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  5. Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  6. Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  7. Click Submit.
  8. Check your email for your case number.
  9. Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990.

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.