Rigged mesh uploading problem....awful misery.

Martiin Clarence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone! 

I've been digging through threats for the whole day and trying different solutions to fix my problem, but sadly it seems to be same some poeple get and still no fixes work for me. 

I'm pretty much newbie into modeling, started recently, and trying to get through all that and upload my first mesh...which doesn't work at all. I got "avatar workbench" for blender 2.63, and followed steps in video serie on youtube about rigging and uploading meshes. As long as my mesh seems to be working perfectly with bones in blender, uploading is an awful miser..I've been trying to fix it like for 10 hours, I'm about to throw my pc out through window. I'm really hoping to get some answers in here ;_;

So first of all I fixed bones to make them 26, got thorough all the steps in tutorials, got the the part where I upload mesh, changed joints count to 26 in .dae file, and went to uploading..and here's the problem. I can't set phycis quality to high, because while trying to calculate weight and fee I'm getting an error: 

"Multiple errors while validating asset. NewAgentInventory_InvalidAsset. When I change quality to medium I can actually upload it, but sadly it's not rigged.

When I move to another tab, where it makes my mesh go bonkers and look like after nuke explosion.

So i tick "include skin weight" and "Include joints position" or just one or two or actually different combination and it turns into some random piece of doodoo.I'm terrified. I thought it's something wrong with my model, tried uploading something else and it was broken into bazilion pieces or kept giving me errors. I thought modeling takes lots of practice, but it's pointess in the end if I won't be able to upload rigged mesh ;_;

I've tried applying rotation and scale, even "makes duplicates real" thing since there's no "make real" button in new blender, but nothing helps..it always seems to end in the same way. 

When I'm trying to apply Armature modifier before uploading mesh it doesn't allow me to upload it at all..it doesn't even show up in preview window and while clicking on "calculate weight and fee" button it says that object doesn't contain meshes. I tried different viewers, 5934895083405 combinations, remodeling plenty times, removing empties, renaming bones again, adjusting weight paint and I don't know what Ive missed.. Is there something to do with these bones/joints to make it work, except for putting that fixed line into .dae file? 

Here's picture what I'm getting when trying to tick weight and joints before upload ;_; 

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg4/scaled.php?server=4&filename=jointsproblem1.png&res=landing

^ That was supposed to be underwear and as I said - looked otay in blender and moved along with limbs, but after uploading it's just attached somewhere to ankle..and seems to be exploding during uploading.

I'll be really thankful if someone can actually hlep me solving this..it's so irritating. Even more, because I actually loved modeling for some reason, and Ic an't get through uploading :[

So...I booted my PC today, put some Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up as background and finally solved it in blender 2.63. Or actually more like 'solved", because weights calculated with Bone Weight Copy seems to not work properly with my model, and every time I'm trying to paint weights to my own it doesn't work anymore. I guess that's another thing to figure out. 

Hi martin, hang on it there,, it all come sgood in the end, sorry cant help with all your problems but judging from your picture,, when resubmitting a file to upload , ensure you click "clear setting & reset form"

2.63 did  indeed have reported problems but i believe that to be solved with the 2.63a version obtainable from blender,org.

would honestly suggest following the blender trail from where you obtained the avatar workbench,

goodluck

T

lol  rick astley to the rescue huh,,  you updated as i was replying and  making dinner,, wtg 

Martiin Clarence wrote:

So...I booted my PC today, put some Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up as background and finally solved it in blender 2.63. Or actually more like 'solved", because weights calculated with Bone Weight Copy seems to not work properly with my model, and every time I'm trying to paint weights to my own it doesn't work anymore. I guess that's another thing to figure out. 

Hiya Martin,

You most definetly can use 2.63 and 2.63a to make rigged mesh just fine. I have found that the Bone Weight Copy script is buggy with those versions though. You may want to try a different add-on called MeshTransfer.  It's been working great for me. You can learn more about it and download it from this thread: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?244981-Addon-MeshTransfer-(update-10.02.12)&s=6f57bd44452153736a138150c2dc6965

Otherwise, I can take a look at your .blend file if you can't figure out the issue with your weights.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.