prim nails problem

Demi Meridoc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya have a question regarding my prim nails which i have worn daily with never any problems , until i was rping and wore  a weapon which took off the nails where it atached too. I re attached the nails for that hand by clicking add to worn but it has them floating around the wrist . I have somehow broke them :/ anyone help they are my fav nails

Thankyou in advance

You'll have to do the same thing you would do with any object that you have never worn before .... stand on a pose stand to immobilize yourself, then attach the nails to your hand.  Select the nails with your Build/Edit tool and use the colored arrows and circles to move them to the correct position. 

Review basic skills here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Avatar-attachments/ta-p/700031

and here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Build-Tools/ta-p/700039#Section_.1.3.1

DON'T edit the nails!  That may very well break them further.

When someone uploads an animation, there's an option to choose hand position.  The "relaxed" position is what prim nails are fitted to.  Many objects with scripted animations, like weapons, coffee cups, drinking glasses, etc, use a different position, and when you detatch these objects, sometimes your hands will remain stuck in the "clenched" or "flat" position.  Sometimes this happens spontaneously after a teleport, even without a scripted attachment.  The good news is, other people probably see your hands normally, and a relog will usually fix the position.

I make prim nails, so I see this bug often.  I have a gesture that will force your hands into the relaxed position, that sometimes works without a relog.  IM me in-world if you'd like a copy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.